So two months ago I wrote about 10 things to watch for during the 2015 MLS season. A lot's happened since then, so now with the preseason over, let's update our list of questions for the upcoming season:
1) What effect with big name newcomers like David Villa, Frank Lampard, Kaka and Steven Gerrard have on the league?
2) Which U.S. National Teamers that joined/rejoined the league this offseason (Jozy Altidore, Sacha Kljestan, Mix Diskerud, Brek Shea) will find success?
3) Is Sebastian Giovinco the final piece to Toronto's puzzle?
4) Adam Jahn scored a league-best seven goals this preseason. His teammate Chris Wondolowski scored just 7 goals in his first 5 MLS seasons before breaking out and scoring 86 over the next 5, can Jahn's career have a similar trajectory?
5) Can the Portland Timbers overcome their rash of injuries?
6) How will conference realignment affect teams like Houston and Sporting KC?
7) Will anyone make a run at 20 assists or will this remain a Carlos Valderrama only club?
8) With the additional playoff spots, which two clubs that missed last year's postseason are most likely to grab a playoff berth?
9) How much closer will Brad Davis get to Landon Donovan's assist record?
10) Is Dwayne De Rosario's MLS career over?
Games start on Friday, time to get these questions answered!